Sunday, January 09, 2005
"Have yourself a merry little christmas"
Highlights of the too short holidays
The annual Christmas reunion was okay enough. We were late as usual coz Alfredo woke up late again. I’m super proud of us, magpipinsans coz we were able to keep mum about the surprise arrival of Kuya Jay and family from the grownups. Ha! Joson Cousins, Inc. strikes again! Kuya Jay’s son was wearing a miniature Tito Arthur’s uniform. Cool! The kid speaks with the Australian twang na. Felt great playing the ninang with my 3D books as gift. enjoyed getting wet kisses from my cute pamangkins! Hihi! was supposed to take part of the Joson tradition to be one of the "sponsors" to the games kaya lang i was able to escape in one of the rooms of the house. i slept. hehe. as much as possible i don't want to take part in that. kaya nga libro binigay k sa mga kids eh.
Dric and I were surprisingly senti this Christmas. We talked about how the ones we care for have gone cold and the fact that nobody stays. Girlie played the role of ghosts well contacting me on 25, 26, 27, and 30. he was all “ hi miss kita…kelan tayo mgkikita ulit…anong gawa mo for Christmas and I hope you feel well na…” those crap. he even talked to joan. Wow, they’re friends na rin pala. Sheesh. And of course, cathy didn’t reply to my xmas greeting so..hai…is it always gonna be like this?
Nice nga rin cguro kc I wasn’t feeling good nung 30. as in I was retching and almost passed out inside the CR. Felt really weak so I didn’t leave the bed that day. It was good to know someone cared. Even if it was girlie. Hey I did pray for that at st. jude after all, that I be given a good memory with him even if he is not for me. Come working days, he won’t be there anymore anyway. Besides, it’ll do me no good if I continue relying on girlie. For that day though, he cared enough to ask about my condition. Sana lang it was cathy.
Cathy did text me on 31 morning and the evening of the next day greeting me new year. Wonder if the new year will bring anything for us? Or will we fade, as I resolve to just let him be, allow him to gather enough courage on his own without any prodding? I do wish him well. I do hope his mom good health. Pero bigay ko muna yung cap. (some sort of a goodbye if he wishes not to stay/or a kind of reaching out/I’ll be here always message) Hope it fits.
I woke up on 31 intending to spend the day with pamangkins and happily, I did just that. Grabe nakakaaliw sila! Kean would climb everyday to my bed and wake me up. very makulit that kid. pero charming kc he smiles a lot and isn't stingy with his hugs.I fix him breakfast for that. Kaya lang the only thing he finished was his orange juice, the rest of the food was scattered on the floor. Mariah showed shrewd negotiating skills when she asked for 3 chocolates when i had to bathe her. They showed me their toys Papa and Mama got them from US - a Barbie tent, a talking kitchen set for Mariah; a construction set and racing car and track set for Kean. I also read Halley her books and put her to sleep. We watched VCDs together. Hai. What a grand time! Children lift one's spirits with their love and innocence. Miss ko na sila ulit.
I guess Yuletide holidays should really be reserved for the family. I felt very content and light everytime I go back to Carmelo’s compound. Maybe coz my mind’s not in work mode, maybe coz I’m well taken care of by our people there, maybe coz I get to spend time with my relatives. Mama made a Christmas tree out of poinsettias, Epang and I sang our hearts out at the videoke of Jardin Isadora and we all had Media Noche together. The tune of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas was playing in my heart everyday. Every moment of my vacation, I felt like the night chill was filled with fairy lights and warm hugs.
jan 10 2005
lemon supernova posted @7:19 PM
-•-